These are the rules governing all contests aired on WNKI and on the wngz.com website. In the following rules, "WNGZ" means Backyard Broadcasting Holdings, LLC, which owns WNGZ radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WNGZ contest.
2. Some WNGZ contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on WNGZ during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WNGZ studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WNGZ contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WNGZ reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WNGZ studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WNGZ delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WNGZ awarding the prize to the winner. WNGZ shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WNGZ shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WNGZ contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WNGZ that will be presented to WNGZ and accepted before the prize is awarded.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WNGZ studios (unless otherwise noted), 2205 College Ave. Elmira, NY between 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
10. Employees of WNGZ and Backyard Broadcasting Holdings, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WNGZ main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
11. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
12. WNGZ reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
13. WNGZ and Backyard Broadcasting Holdings, LLC, assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WNGZ and Backyard Broadcasting Holdings, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
14. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WNGZ reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WNGZ management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
15. WNGZ reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
16. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (607) 732-9465. The person operating the telephone at WNGZ has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
17. WNGZ shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or Internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
18. The following are specifically related to E-contests promotions on http://wngz.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WNGZ, as defined at the exclusive discretion of WNGZ management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not WNGZ's responsibility.
19. A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the WNGZ studios, 2205 College Ave. Elmira, NY.